Quality Powder Coating Process
Our pretreatment process is determined by the substrate of your product. Steel and aluminum are pretreated differently.
- Aluminum pretreatment may include a five stage wash/chrome free conversion.
- Steel pretreatment may include blasting and/or phosphate wash, followed by outgassing/drying.
- Parts requiring taping or plugging will be prepared appropriately.
- Depending on the type of powder and the item to be coated either our TRIBO (air static) or ElectroStactic gun will be selected for powder application.
- After the powder has been applied, the item will be baked in our gas fired oven for the appropriate length of time and temperature for a quality cure
- When the items are cooled down after curing, they are wrapped or packaged per customer request.